What about my animals?

Animals are a part of the family too and caring for them during this stressful time is just as important as caring for another family member.  If you have been evacuated, your domesticated pets can be brought to the evacuation shelters in a carrier or on a leash. Large animals such as horses and goats are being accepted at two locations:

Sonoma County Fairgrounds (1350 Bennet Valley Road, Santa Rosa)

Cloverdale Citrus Fair  (1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale)

For questions or assistance with pets left behind in the evacuation zone, visit http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health/Animal-Services/ or call (707) 565-4648.

Show All Answers

1. What fires are affecting the City of Santa Rosa?
2. Is it safe to return to my home?
3. What is the difference between an advisory evacuation and a mandatory evacuation?
4. How can I find out if my house burned down?
5. How can I find out about the welfare of a family member?
6. Where can I find information about road closures?
7. When should I call 9-1-1?
8. Is my water safe to drink?
9. How can I report fire location information/condition?
10. How can I get assistance evacuating if I am immobile and/or don't have a car?
11. What about my animals?
12. How do I get my mail if I have been evacuated?
13. How can I receive my mail if my house burned down?
14. What help is available for financial assistance?
15. What information is available by calling 211?
16. Where can I get my medication?
17. Are there updates about Sonoma County inmates / is the jail being evacuated?
18. Where do I find out information about power/gas outages in my area?
19. Where can I get assistance with passports and Consular IDs if I am a Mexican national?
20. Where can I find information about air quality?
21. Is transit running?
22. Are the schools closed?
23. Is the Santa Rosa Junior College closed?
24. Am I safe to go to an evacuation center if I am not documented?
25. How do I shut off my water and sewer service if my home was destroyed?