Yes, Santa Rosa is enforcing the following prohibitions and restrictions on water use:
- Waste of water due to breaks, leaks, or excess use is prohibited. This means that leaking faucets, toilets, and appliances, broken irrigation pipes, leaking irrigation valves, or broken sprinkler heads must be repaired immediately. Also, water runoff from properties due to any reason, for example from overwatering your yard or mis-directed sprinklers that "water" sidewalks, is prohibited and must be fixed immediately.
- Washing hard surfaces (e.g., sidewalks, driveways, and patios) with potable water is prohibited, unless required for public health and safety.
- Hose-end shut-off nozzles are required for all hoses.
- Restaurants may only serve water upon request.
- Hotel and lodging establishments must message about the drought, including laundering of linens only upon request.
- Pressure washing with potable water (except for public health and safety) is prohibited unless a variance is obtained from Santa Rosa Water.
- Landscape irrigation is limited to the hours of 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.