In a continuing effort to reduce potential spread of the coronavirus and provide service that is consistent with the Sonoma County Public Health Officer’s Order, CityBus will further reduce service beginning April 13, 2020.
On April 13 and until further notice, CityBus will provide the following services for Essential Travel Only:
- CityBus will operate on a Sunday schedule seven days a week starting April 13 for essential travel only. Regular Sunday bus routes operate from approximately 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The exception will be additional service on Route 1 and Route 2B to allow for social distancing and reduce overcrowding. Service on Route 10 will be on weekday routing (service to Round Barn) with a weekend timetable.
- Monday through Saturday, CityBus will provide a special call-ahead service for riders who need to make essential trips between the hours of 6:00am and 10:00am, and between 5:00pm and 8:00pm, when regular bus routes will not be running. This service will be provided by the City’s paratransit contractor, MV Transportation. Review general public access guidelines HERE. Language assistance is available to any non-English speakers who wish to schedule trips.
- Santa Rosa Paratransit will continue to operate regular weekday, Saturday and Sunday service hours for essential travel.
- Route 16 (Oakmont) will continue to operate for essential travel.
Please note that all non-essential travel is currently prohibited as defined by the Sonoma County Public Health Officer Order No. C19-05. To see if your trip is allowed, please review Section 13 of the Public Health Order.
For your protection and the protection of others, public transit riders are required by the Sonoma County Public Health Officer to comply with the following social distancing and hygiene requirements while using buses:
- Maintain at least a six-foot distance from other individuals who are not part of the same household
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer
- Wear face coverings outside of the home to the extent possible
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or fabric or, if not possible, into the sleeve or elbow (but not into hands)
- Avoid all social interaction outside the household (including use of public transit) when sick with a fever or cough
We recognize this is a very challenging time for our community and our riders, and we are grateful to all our riders who are abiding by the Public Health Orders and limiting their travel to essential trips. We look forward to getting back to regular service as soon as it is possible to do so. In the meantime, please contact us at 707-543-3333 for assistance with planning essential trips or to provide feedback on our service.
To view CityBus Maps and Timetables, visit: srcity.org/1661/Maps-and-Timetables
For more updates and information from the City of Santa Rosa regarding the coronavirus pandemic, visit: srcity.org/PreventTheSpread