The City of Santa Rosa invites nonprofit organizations to apply for grant funding for events that help promote Santa Rosa. The Santa Rosa City Council annually allocates Community Promotion Funding in the form of cash support and/or city services to promote its assets such as the downtown and to foster inclusivity among its diverse population.The City Council has a budget of up to $125,000 in total annual funding to support various community promotion events.
The City uses the following guidelines to aid the City Council in determining funding recipients and award amounts:
● Activities must take place between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021.
● The activity should generate revenue to city businesses.
● The activity should have broad-based community participation and be open to the public.
● The activity should take place within the city limits.
● The funding from the City should not be the sole source of funding for the event.
● The funding cannot be used for salaries.
Santa Rosa has a rich tapestry of attractions and cultural and recreation opportunities, drawing visitors from near and far. Downtown Santa Rosa, including the central Old Courthouse Square and historic Railroad Square, is a growing hub of shopping, restaurants, and theaters. Each year, the city is home to dozens of community events ranging from the Cinco de Mayo Celebration to the Rose Parade – each contributing to the vitality of the city.
The deadline to apply for a Community Promotion Funding grant is Thursday, March 5, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status after the City Council budget hearings held in June 2020.
For an application and additional information, visit srcity.org/CommunityPromotionsFunding.