Santa Rosa City Council held a special session to set the City’s top priorities for fiscal year 2019-20 on February 21.
At the conclusion of robust discussion and public input, the following six areas were identified as Tier One priorities -- the highest priority focus areas -- for the next 12 month:
- Financial Stability (including replenishing reserves)
- Recovery and Resilience
- Comprehensive Housing Strategy
- Implementation of the Climate Action Plan
Council will next be working with staff to develop metrics for each of these priority areas.
Additionally, Council identified several Tier Two focus areas. Tier two priorities will be given focus as staff time allows, and those identiied include:
- Create a plan for addressing deferred maintenance throughout the community (including filling potholes)
- Explore Options for funding Roseland Library
- Citywide $15 minimum wage measure
- City Charter review
- COLA vs. CPI for mobile home rent increases
- Promote affordable childcare, streamlining processes
- Support for the cannabis industry
The goal-setting meeting facilitator will present the outcomes of the discussions that took place during the February 21 meeting at an upcoming City Council meeting. At that time, Council members will consider the identified Tier one and Tier Two priorities for formal adoption.