The City of Santa Rosa invites nonprofit organizations to apply for grant funding for events that help promote Santa Rosa. The Santa Rosa City Council annually allocates Community Promotion Funding in the form of cash support and/or city services in an effort to promote its assets such as the downtown and to foster inclusivity among its diverse population.
The following guidelines are utilized to aid the City Council in determining funding recipients and award amounts:
- Activities must take place between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
- The activity should generate revenue to city businesses.
- The activity should have broad-based community participation and be open to the public.
- The activity should take place within the city limits.
- The funding from the city should not be the sole source of funding for the event.
- The funding cannot be used for salaries.
- The City Council has a budget of up to $125,000 in total annual funding to support various community promotion events.
Santa Rosa has a rich tapestry of attractions and cultural and recreation opportunities, drawing visitors from near and far. Downtown Santa Rosa, including the central Old Courthouse Square and historic Railroad Square, is a growing hub of shopping, restaurants, and theaters. Each year, the city is home to dozens of community events ranging from the Cinco de Mayo Celebration to the Rose Parade – each contributing to the vitality of the city.
“Santa Rosa events are one of the top reasons visitors come to Santa Rosa and Sonoma County” said Mayor Tom Schwedhelm. “The City Council is pleased to offer a funding opportunity that helps to support organizations that are passionate about creating experiences that bring community members and visitors together and celebrate the unique character of our city.”
The deadline to apply for a Community Promotion Funding grant is March 8, 2019 by 5:00 p.m. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status after the City Council budget hearings held in June 2019.
For an application and additional information, visit srcity.org/CommunityPromotionsFunding.