Applications for the 2018 Summer Work Experience Program (WEP) are now available! All applications are due by 5pm on 4/6.
To download an application, click here.
About the Program
Teens age 13-17 can learn valuable on-the-job skills through our Work Experience Program. Teens can choose from various interests including working with the public, children, animals, swimming, coaching and more! Work experience volunteer hours can satisfy community service graduation requirements for all of the local schools. All applicants must be 13 years of age by 6/11, no exceptions!
Teens are not guaranteed their first choice of programs. Placement is based on the needs of the participant, along with the needs of the program. All teens must attend orientation night and the training sessions in order to participate in the program.
Please note: these are unpaid volunteer positions.
Submit application with fee to either of the following locations:
Steele Lane Community Center
415 Steele Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Finley Community Center
2060 West College Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
- Lake Ralphine Assistant at Howarth Park
- Counselor-In-Training at Camp Wa-Tam, Doyle Camp, Camp Yu-Chi
- Animal Barn Aide at Howarth Park
- Neighborhood Services: RecSen (Leader-In-Training Program), Jr. Giants Bench Coach, Sports Camp Leader-In-Training
- Amusement Ride Area Assistant at Howarth Park
- Junior Lifeguard at Finley or Ridgway Swim Centers
- Swim Aide at Finley or Ridgway Swim Centers
- Concessions Aide at Finley or Ridgway Swim Center
- Sports Clinic Counselor-In-Training
Return to Recreation & Parks homepage.