Wind Advisory in Effect for North Bay Valleys Including Santa Rosa from 8 PM Tuesday (10/19) to 4 AM Wednesday (10/20).
* WHAT… South winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts 30 to 45 mph expected, locally up to or exceeding 50 mph in the windiest locations.
* WHERE… Locally, Coastal North Bay and North Bay Interior Valleys
* WHEN… From 8 PM this evening (10/19) to 4 AM Wednesday (10/20). The strongest winds are expected around to just after midnight.
* IMPACTS… Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS... A 35 to 50 mph low level jet located a few hundred to a couple thousand feet above the surface has the potential to occasionally mix down and result in gusty southerly winds overnight. The strongest winds will be along the coast of the North Bay and San Francisco Peninsula but will also filter into portions of the San Francisco Bayshore, North Bay Valleys, and across the hills throughout the region.
Secure outdoor objects and Halloween decoration. Prepare for potential power outages. Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high-profile vehicle.