**RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM FRIDAY, 5/7 TO 6 AM PDT MONDAY, 5/10 FOR AREAS INCLUDING THE NORTH BAY HILLS**
The NWS is forecasting a moderate early season offshore wind event. This will occur as fuels are near record dry levels after a very dry winter.
* AFFECTED AREA - North Bay Mountains over 1000ft in elevation. Although this does not includes areas such as the valley floor of Santa Rosa, residents should be aware of the conditions in the area.
* TIMING - 11 pm tonight (Friday 5/7) through 6 am Monday (5/10)
* WINDS - Northerly winds 15 to 30 mph gusts 40 to 50 mph except locally to 60 mph above 2500 feet.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY - Lowering 20-30 percent by Saturday morning then dropping 10-20% Saturday and Sunday afternoon with only moderate night time recovery.
* TEMPERATURES - Highs into the 80s and lower 90s Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
* IMPACTS - New fires could see rapid fire growth.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS: A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.