The Santa Rosa City Council will hold their Goal-Setting Meeting Session as a virtual Zoom meeting over three days – February 17th to 19th. This annual meeting is a chance for Council to set what the goals and priorities of the City will be for the next year.
All members of the public are welcome to virtually attend the goal setting-sessions. Please note, the public comment period for goal setting is set for February 17th. The following two days are reserved for council and staff discussion only.
Below are details on the Goal-Setting Meeting and information on how to participate.
Public Comment at Council Goal-Setting: Members of the public will have a chance to provide public comment on February 17th beginning at 5pm. Following all public comments on February 17th, the meeting will adjourn and recess until the following morning.
Council Goal-Setting Discussion: On February 18th and 19th beginning at 8am both days, Council will begin the Goal-Setting discussion. No public comment is planned for February 18th or 19th, but the public is invited to view/listen to the meeting discussion.
Meeting Agenda and How to Participate: Once finalized, the Goal-Setting Meeting agenda will be published at the following link with instructions on how to tune in: https://santa-rosa.legistar.com/MeetingDetail.aspx?ID=834595&GUID=61E43858-8AA1-4447-AB82-44AFF48ABE62&Options=&Search=
Community members unable to attend for live public comment on February 17th may submit public comments in advance via e-mail, eComment and voice mail once the final agenda publishes Friday, February 12th and up to February 16th by 5:00pm. Here's how:
- Refer to meeting agenda for eComment link: Meeting Agenda (available Friday, February 12th)
- Click on eComment link next to the public meeting you wish to comment on
- Sign in to Speak Up, Santa Rosa (upper right corner of the page)
- Click on the comment box next to the agenda item
- Write and submit a comment in 2500 characters or less
- Refer to meeting agenda for voicemail number: Meeting Agenda (available Friday, February 12th)
- Record your comment in 3 minutes or less, and clearly state all of the following:
- Your name, name of the public meeting, agenda item number, and full public comment
- Refer to meeting agenda for email address: Meeting Agenda (available Friday, February 12th)
- When composing your email, In the subject line, include: Name, date of public meeting AND agenda item number
- And in your message, include: Your name AND full comment in 400 words or less
You may also refer to the following link for a quick-guide on how to view public meetings and/or provide public comment during or in advance of a public meeting: srcity.org/VirtualParticipation