A Red Flag Warning has been issued for the North Bay mountains and valleys including ALL of Santa Rosa and is in effect from 11:00 p.m. 12/6 (Sunday) to 5:00 p.m. 12/7 (Monday) due to forecasted strong offshore winds out of the northeast.
A Wind Advisory has also been issued for much of the Bay Area from 11:00 p.m. 12/6 (Sunday) to 11:00 a.m. 12/7 (Monday). GUSTY WINDS COULD BLOW AROUND UNSECURED HOLIDAY DECORATIONS.
RED FLAG DETAILS
- AFFECTED AREA: North Bay valleys and mountains, including all of Santa Rosa
- WIND: North 15 to 25 mph with gusts 45-60 mph in the hills with gusts 30-45 mph into lower elevations. Strongest winds are expected tonight then peak around sunrise tomorrow morning.
- HUMIDITY: Humidity will be moderate tonight from 40-50% but gradually lower to around 20-30% by midday Monday
- TEMPERATURES: Record highs into the 70s on Monday.
- IMPACTS: Any new starts aligned with wind will likely show rapid growth as fuels remain at or near all time record dry levels for early December. Strong winds could cause power outages as well as downed trees and limbs.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong winds low relative humidity and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. Review City of Santa Rosa Preparedness Information: