SRPD Outlines Current Policies and New Changes at SRCity.org/ChangefortheBetter
For the past several weeks, officials from the City, including the Santa Rosa Police Department (SRPD), have met with community members and groups to review and discuss ways to make meaningful change to law enforcement policies. More community conversations are planned and, to help inform those conversations and facilitate changes, SRPD has created a new webpage to increase transparency and make policy information more readily available at SRCity.org/ChangefortheBetter.
What’s Next? Community Input and Dialogue Regarding Public Safety Policies
In response to the desires brought forth by the community through conversations with City officials, local demonstrations, and letters; the City has planned upcoming opportunities for community input and dialogue around public safety policies and Santa Rosa’s Community Empowerment Plan. Additional opportunities will be announced as they are scheduled, but here’s what is coming next:
- Community Forum, Council Study Session on Community Empowerment Plan
- Tuesday, June 30 at 4:00 p.m.
- Staff will provide a summary of actions heard from or submitted by protest organizers and participants, as well as present an overview of the SR Community Empowerment Plan’s goals, objectives, and timeline so that it may be modified based on public input during the forum. The intent of the Community Forum is to provide an opportunity for open dialogue around public safety policies and other City policies, projects, programs, and services that impact our communities of color.
- Agenda and Participation Information to be posted HERE
- Public Safety Subcommittee of the City Council