The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is a federal subsidy program that helps low-income families afford market-rate, private rental housing in the city limits of Santa Rosa. Voucher holders pay approximately 30–40% of their monthly income towards the rent. The City of Santa Rosa Housing Authority pays the balance of the rent to the owner within reasonable limits.
HOUSING AUTHORITY TENANT COMMISSIONER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The City of Santa Rosa is conducting a recruitment to fill two upcoming Tenant Commissioner vacancies on the Housing Authority Board of Commissioners. To serve as a Tenant Commissioner, you must live within the Santa Rosa City Limits, be a Santa Rosa Housing Choice Voucher participant in good standing with the program, and be registered to vote. Attendance at the monthly public meetings is required, and Commissioners are expected to review all the Agenda materials prior to each meeting. Previous experience on a public board or commission is not required.
Service as a Tenant Commissioner is strictly voluntary, and filing an application is not a requirement of the Housing Choice Voucher program.
Applications must be submitted in our office or online by Thursday, November 2nd, 2017.
For more information, please contact Sara Roberts, Recording Secretary at email@example.com or 707-543-3933.
Apply online here. If you choose to file a paper application, it must be returned to the Housing and Community Services front counter in the City Hall Annex at 90 Santa Rosa Ave or mailed to P O Box 1806, Santa Rosa, CA 95402 by November 2, 2017. Paper applications are available at the Housing and Community Services front counter.
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Waiting List is currently closed.
If you have a vacant unit you'd like us to add to our current list of rent referrals, please fill out the Notice of Vacant Rental Unit Form (PDF) and submit it to us by mail, email, fax (707-543-3317), or in person at our front counter located at 90 Santa Rosa Avenue. You may also call us at 707-543-3300 to have it listed.
Sign up to receive email updates on available rentals.
- 2013 Administrative Plan (PDF)
- 5-Year Plan for Fiscal Years 2014-2019 Streamlined (PDF)
- Earn It Keep It Save It - Free Tax Preparation for Qualifying Households from United Way (PDF)
- Fair Housing Advocates of Northern California
- Guía de Recursos para Las Personas Sin Hogar (Homeless Resource Guide - Spanish)
- Homeless Resource Guide
- Income Guidelines (PDF)
- PHA Plan Annual Update FY 2016 - 2017 (PDF)
- Section 8 Program Information
- Utility Allowances for Apartment/Townhouse Effective December 1, 2016 (PDF)
- Utility Allowances for Duplex/Detached House Effective December 1, 2016 (PDF)
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) (PDF)