The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is a federal subsidy program that helps low-income families afford market-rate, private rental housing in the city limits of Santa Rosa. Voucher holders pay approximately 30–40% of their monthly income towards the rent. The City of Santa Rosa Housing Authority pays the balance of the rent to the owner within reasonable limits.
WAITING LIST IS CLOSEDThe Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program offers rental assistance to qualifying residents.
To qualify, applicants’ annual gross income must be less than:
1 person- $37,800 4 persons - $54,000 7 persons $67,000
2 persons- $43,200 5 persons - $58,350 8 persons $71,300
3 persons- $48,600 6 persons - $62,650
Income Guidelines may change.
If you have a vacant unit you'd like us to add to our current list of rent referrals, please fill out the Notice of Vacant Rental Unit Form (PDF) and submit it to us by mail, email, fax (707-543-3317), or in person at our front counter located at 90 Santa Rosa Avenue. You may also call us at 707-543-3300 to have it listed.
Sign up to receive email updates on available rentals.
- Annual Public Housing Agency Plan - Fiscal Year 2019-2020
- 5-Year Public Housing Agency Plan - 2019-2024
- 2017 Administrative Plan
- Earn It Keep It Save It - Free Tax Preparation for Qualifying Households from United Way
- Fair Housing Advocates of Northern California
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- Income Guidelines
- Section 8 Program Information
- Energy Efficiency Based Utility Allowance – Apartments
- Utility Allowances for Apartment/Townhouse
- Utility Allowances for Duplex/Detached House
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)