The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is a federal subsidy program that helps low-income families afford market-rate, private rental housing in the city limits of Santa Rosa. Voucher holders pay approximately 30–40% of their monthly income towards the rent. The City of Santa Rosa Housing Authority pays the balance of the rent to the owner within reasonable limits.
To qualify applicants' annual gross income must be less than:
1 person - $40,750 4 persons - $58,150 7 persons - $72,150
2 persons - $46,550 5 persons - $62,850 8 persons - $76,800
3 persons - $52,350 6 persons - $67,500
Income guidelines may change.
Waiting List Opening: Sept. 1, 2021 - Oct. 31, 2021
Beginning September 1, 2021, the Santa Rosa Housing Authority is opening the lottery for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program Waiting List. Residents who wish to be added to the lottery for a chance at placement on the waiting list must apply online between September 1 and October 31, 2021.
Submit Your Application:
- To apply, go online HERE (or click the image below), create a profile, and complete your application.
- Applications must be submitted between September 1 and October 31, 2021.
- For more information or alternate access call 707-543-3324.
If you have a vacant unit that you would like to add to our current list of rent referrals, please fill out the Notice of Vacant Rental Unit Form (PDF) and submit it to us by mail, email, fax (707-543-3317), or in person at our front counter located at 90 Santa Rosa Avenue. You may also call us at 707-543-3300 to have it listed.
Sign up to receive email updates on available rentals.
- Annual Public Housing Agency Plan - Fiscal Year 2019-2020
- 5-Year Public Housing Agency Plan - 2019-2024
- 2017 Administrative Plan
- Earn It Keep It Save It - Free Tax Preparation for Qualifying Households from United Way
- Fair Housing Advocates of Northern California
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- Income Guidelines
- Section 8 Program Information
- Energy Efficiency Based Utility Allowance – Apartments
- Utility Allowances for Apartment/Townhouse
- Utility Allowances for Duplex/Detached House
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)