The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is a federal subsidy program that helps low-income families afford market-rate, private rental housing in the city limits of Santa Rosa. Voucher holders pay approximately 30–40% of their monthly income towards the rent. The City of Santa Rosa Housing Authority pays the balance of the rent to the owner within reasonable limits.
WAITING LIST IS CLOSEDThe Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program offers rental assistance to qualifying residents.
To qualify, applicants’ annual gross income must be less than:
1 person- $34,400 4 persons - $49,100 7 persons $60,900
2 persons- $39,300 5 persons - $53,050 8 persons $64,850
3 persons- $44,200 6 persons - $57,000
Income Guidelines may change.
If you have a vacant unit you'd like us to add to our current list of rent referrals, please fill out the Notice of Vacant Rental Unit Form (PDF) and submit it to us by mail, email, fax (707-543-3317), or in person at our front counter located at 90 Santa Rosa Avenue. You may also call us at 707-543-3300 to have it listed.
Sign up to receive email updates on available rentals.
- 2017 Administrative Plan
- 5-Year Plan for Fiscal Years 2014-2019 Streamlined Opens a New Window.
- Earn It Keep It Save It - Free Tax Preparation for Qualifying Households from United Way Opens a New Window.
- Fair Housing Advocates of Northern California
- Guía de Recursos para Las Personas Sin Hogar (Homeless Resource Guide - Spanish)
- Homeless Resource Guide
- Income Guidelines
- PHA Plan Annual Update FY 2016 - 2017 Opens a New Window.
- Section 8 Program Information
- Utility Allowances for Apartment/Townhouse Opens a New Window.
- Utility Allowances for Duplex/Detached House Opens a New Window.
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Opens a New Window.