Process Improvement Action Plan
The Management Partners report findings and recommendations are a significant step toward achieving process improvements in the Community Development Department. The tactics fall under three broad concept categories:
- Customer Service
- Process and Technology
- Working with the department is a comprehensive process in which the community trusts, feels supported and is given certainty of process
- Working for the department is a positive experience that empowers employees to help our customers
Management Partners Report Documents
Process Improvement Action Plan Updates
The Community Development Department is pleased to begin immediate implementation of the Pre-Application Meeting program for development projects. This process will foster early discussion and collaboration amongst project stakeholders and City staff. Primary objectives of the Pre-Application Meetings include:
- An expedited process for early review by relevant City departments
- A baseline for City comments that will provide more certainty in the review process going forward
- Performance measures to ensure that projects have a more efficient and predictable project entitlement schedule
More information is available on the Pre-Application Meeting Form / Flyer (PDF).
Development in Spotlight
A Development in the Spotlight Report (PDF) has been created to provide the public with a snapshot of what’s happening in current development as seen through entitlements, engineering, and building. In essence it is a top tier list of projects that will have the most immediate impact to the community.