Fire & Life Safety Plan Review Division
The primary function of this division is to perform plan reviews on specialized fire protection systems, and fire and life safety code review of commercial and multifamily occupancies, to determine compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations.
A Plan Review Permit Application (PDF) is required with all submittals. If you are unable to download this document, hard copies are available at our office.
Location & Hours for Fire Plan Review Submittals
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Please note that there is up to a 30 business day turn around time for plans.
Fire Administration (Next to Fire Station 10)
2373 Circadian Way
Santa Rosa CA, 95407
If you have questions, please call 707-543-3524.
Looking for a Status on a Permit?
Click here to search for a Permit Status
Plan Review Application Checklist
Fill Out Application Fully
- Top third of application needs to be fully filled out
- Please print clearly as information is entered into a database at time of submittal
- Contractor's License Number required
- City Tax Certificate Number required
- Workers Compensation policy Number required.
- Signature/initials required in three places
- Heads/Devices/Tanks number amount required
- Phase I and II ESA Reviews do not need a Contractor's License Number or Tax ID Number
- Minimum of three sets of folded plans required.
- Contractor stamped and signed with original stamp/signature (wet stamped signed) on all copies of plans submitted.
- NFPA 13D sprinkler plans need fire flow of nearest hydrant less than five years old.
- Fees due upon submittal of application.
- Expedited plan review is offered at an additional fee upon approval at time of submittal.
The Fire Department is available to meet and discuss a proposed situation or project for a fee of $152 an hour to go over any questions, concerns or pre-plan reviews. This is by appointment only.
Request an Inspection
The Santa Rosa Fire Department utilizes Selectron automated inspection request system 543-3006. This systems allow callers to use a touch tone phone to request and cancel Fire Department permit inspections. Do not use a cell phone as the request may not go through. Always wait for a confirmation number. If you do not receive a confirmation number, your inspection request has not gone through. Please try again.
For more information on these systems, please view the following: