Fire Construction Plan Review and Inspections
The primary function of this division is to perform plan reviews on specialized fire protection systems, and fire and life safety code review of commercial and multifamily occupancies, to determine compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations.
A Plan Review Permit Application is required with all submittals. Click here for electronic plan review submittal instructions. Click here for Citizen Portal Registration instructions. If you are unable to download these documents, hard copies are available at our office.
Location & Hours for Fire Plan Review Submittals
Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Please note that there is up to a 60 business day turn around time for plans.
Fire Administration (Next to Fire Station 10)
2373 Circadian Way
Santa Rosa CA, 95407
If you have questions, please call 707-543-3524 or email us at FDPermits@srcity.org .
Looking for a Status on a Permit?
Click here to search for a Permit Status
Plan Review Application Checklist
Fill Out Application Fully
- Shaded areas on application are required fields
- Building permit number is required on application if applicable
- Please print clearly as information is entered into a database at time of submittal
- Contractor's License Number required
- Signature is required at bottom of application
- Heads/Devices/Tanks number amount required
- Phase I and II ESA Reviews do not need a Contractor's License Number or Tax ID Number
- Through Citizen Portal (Electronic Plan Review)
- Contractor stamped and signed with original stamp/signature (wet stamped signed) on all copies of plans submitted.
- NFPA 13D sprinkler plans need fire flow of nearest hydrant less than five years old.
- Fees due upon submittal of application.
- Expedited plan review is offered at an additional fee upon approval at time of submittal.
The Fire Department is available to meet and discuss a proposed situation or project for a fee of $153 an hour to go over any questions, concerns or pre-plan reviews. This is by appointment only.
Request an Inspection
The Santa Rosa Fire Department utilizes Selectron automated inspection request system, call 543-3006 or text SCHEDULE to 833-235-5091. This systems allow callers to use a touch tone phone to request and cancel Fire Department permit inspections. Do not use a cell phone as the request may not go through. Always wait for a confirmation number. If you do not receive a confirmation number, your inspection request has not gone through. Please try again.