Report a Crime
If this is an emergency, please call 911 or 707-528-5222.
Before You File an Online Report
Welcome to the Santa Rosa Police Department Online Police Reporting System. Using this online police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Santa Rosa city limits?
- There are no known suspects?
- This did not occur on a state freeway?
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
If you answered NO to any of the questions, please look at our Online Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the next page. If your report does not meet the criteria listed, please call 707-543-3600 for assistance.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary report number.
- Be able to print a copy of the temporary report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted by phone or email for correction or clarification.
- After the report is approved, you will receive a final copy of the report via email.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.