Welcome to the 2022 Benefits Page for Public Safety Employees
Discover your options using the resources and information provided on this page by clicking on the plan or vendor tabs below.
- Blue Shield
- Delta Dental
- Health Net
- Standard Life Insurance
- United Healthcare
- VSP Vision
- Western Health
- City of Santa Rosa Benefits Page
Visit Anthem's CalPERS plan site for information and resources.The site offers quick links to:
- Plan overview
- Pharmacy benefits
- Programs and services
Click on one of the links below to learn more about your health plan options.
PERS Gold (Previously PERS Select)
Visit Blue Shield's CalPERS Open Enrollment site for all the information and resources you need to learn about your health plan options.
The site offers quick links to:
- Find a doctor
- Plan overview
- Pharmacy benefits
- Programs and services
- New member enrollment
Visit the Health Net website during Open Enrollment.
On their website you may access:
- Plan documents
- Power Points
- and more
View Health Net's site, specific to CalPERS employees HERE.
-Find a provider using their Provider Search Tool - https://calpers.healthnetcalifornia.com/enrollment- information/search-tips.html
You now have access to a virtual option to help you learn more about Kaiser Permanente — safely and conveniently.
• Live and on-demand webinars (in English and Spanish)
• Virtual tours of our hospitals and medical facilities
• Live chat with a Kaiser Permanente representative
• Videos showing how we tailor care services to fit your life
• Plan details you can download straight to your device
• Easy access with no log-in required
It is easy to use!
To access Kaiser Permanente’s virtual Open Enrollment click here: Kaiser Permanente Virtual Open Enrollment.
Once you enter the platform you will see a banner that says Welcome CalPERS Members you will find the Open Enrollment Webinar session here! We will be updating and adding additional sessions each week.
Additional Life Insurance is available to all employees through Standard.
Open Enrollment is a great opportunity to sign up for additional Life/AD&D up to the guaranteed issue amounts - $300,000 for employees & up to $20,000 for your spouse with no medical questions! It is also a great time to update beneficiaries.
See the Forms tab below for enrollment and beneficiary forms.
Watch a video on Additional Life & AD&D Insurance here.
UnitedHealthcare provides CalPERS members with access to quality network providers, digital tools you may need, doctors in your corner and health plans designed to make it easier to get care.
Explore the ways UnitedHealthcare plans are designed to help you take better care of yourself.
Watch their Open Enrollment video here.
The Western Health Advantage is available for Open Enrollment. Visit their website for more information on coverage available through Western Health.
Western health and is happy to take your calls at 888.942.7377 or chat us at westernhealth.com/calpers/about-us/contact-us/ with your questions.
Prefer to send an email? Leave a secure email at WHAPERS@westernhealth.com.
View their PowerPoint Presentation here. (Select "Read Only")
- Learn about your health benefit options by watching the above Open Enrollment video guide.
- CalPERS plans changing for 2022. CalPERS three PPO plans, PERSCare, PERS Choice, and PERS Select, will transition to two plans: PERS Platinum, PERS Gold and CalPERS Blue Shield Access+ HMO will be available in Sonoma County. If you are enrolled in PERSCare PPO or PERS Choice PPO you will be automatically transferred to the PERS Platinum PPO plan, and if you are enrolled in PERS Select PPO you will be automatically transferred to the PERS Gold PPO, unless you make another election during Open Enrollment. Review these changes and if you wish to make a plan change for 2022, complete the appropriate enrollment forms. All forms are available in the Forms tab below.
- If you plan to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (Health and/or Dependent Care), you must submit an enrollment form for 2022. Enrollments from 2021 do not automatically enroll you in the 2022 plan year. Health FSA contributions are limited by the IRS to $2,750 per person in 2022 and DCAP contributions to $5,000 per year per eligible family. • New for 2022: The rollover option will replace the Grace Period option. The rollover option allows FSA participants to rollover up to $550 of unused health FSA funds into the 2023 plan year. This rollover option will replace the grace period.
- If you would like to increase your supplemental life and/or AD&D coverage without providing Evidence of Insurability (EOI), complete the required enrollment form. All forms are available in the Forms tab below.
- Submit all required forms and documentation to Human Resources by the deadline of 5:00pm Friday, October 15, 2021.
- Forms not received or postmarked by Human Resources by the deadline will not be processed, no exceptions.
- Forms should be e-mailed from your Santa Rosa issued email address to email@example.com using the “Encrypt” feature under the Options menu in Outlook. WARNING: We do not recommend emailing forms from a personal email. Emailing forms from your personal email could result in a potential security breach of your private information. Forms can also be faxed to (707) 543-3064 or mailed to the following address: Attn: Human Resources Department - Benefits, 100 Santa Rosa Avenue, Room 1, Santa Rosa, CA 95404.
- If you do not plan to have an FSA account and do not plan on making any other benefit changes for 2022, no action is needed. Your 2021 medical plan elections will continue into the 2022 plan year (except for FSA elections).
- Questions? Contact the Human Resources Department at Benefits@srcity.org or 707-543-3060. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Complete the CalPERS Health Benefit Plan Enrollment Form declining coverage
- Complete the Waiver of Health Insurance Form (from the forms tab below)
- Provide proof of coverage
- Return completed forms and proof of coverage to Human Resources at City Hall, Room 1 no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, October 23, 2020
- Forms not received by Human Resources by the deadline will not be processed, no exceptions. This includes forms mailed but not delivered to Human Resources by the deadline. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 2022 CalPERS Fire (Unit 2) Medical Plan Rates
- 2022 CalPERS Fire (Unit 2) Medical Plan Rates - Additional City Contribution
- 2022 CalPERS Fire Management (Unit 9) and Fire Executive (Unit 10) Medical Plan Rates
- 2022 CalPERS Police Medical Plan Rates
- 2022 COBRA CalPERS Regional Rates
- 2022 Dental Vision Rates
- Standard Voluntary Additional (Supplemental) Life Benefit Summary
- 2022 CalPERS Health Benefit Summary
- 2022 Find a CalPERS Medical Plan
- CalPERS 2021-22 Open Enrollment Newsletter
- CalPERS A Guide to Choosing a Health Plan
- CalPERS Health Plans and Rates
- CalPERS Health Program Guide
- CalPERS Medicare Changes Information
- CalPERS Open Enrollment Video
- Current PEMHCA Employer Contribution Amounts
- FAQ's - CalPERS Open Enrollment and Benefit Changes
- Understanding Your Health Plan Statement
- 2022 Flexible Spending Accounts Enrollment Form
- CalPERS HBD-12 Health Enrollment Form
- Fire Waiver of Health Insurance Form
- Police Waiver of Health Insurance Form
- Standard Basic and Voluntary Additional Life Insurance Enrollment Form
- Standard Voluntary Additional (Supplemental) Life Insurance
- Universal Benefits Enrollment Form v2020