Musician Relief Grants
The City of Santa Rosa Public Art Program in conjunction with the City of Santa Rosa Economic Recovery Task Force is offering Musician Relief Grants of $2,000 to Santa Rosa musicians facing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
The purpose of the Musician Relief Grants is to support working/performing musicians in the Santa Rosa arts community by providing a grant that will aid the musician to continue working through this time of economic hardship. This funding is aimed towards musicians who have lost income due to the inability to perform live.
Grant recipients may be interviewed and asked to share videos, songs and album cover art to be featured on InsideOutThere.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Go online to srcity.submittable.com/submit. Select the icon for ‘City of Santa Rosa Musician Relief Grants’ and complete the Submittable online form.
Once submitted, a follow-up email will notify the applicant that their application has been successfully received via the email provided in the online form. Please contact Jessica Rasmussen at email@example.com or at (707) 543-4674 with any questions or concerns about the submission process.
Sunday, April 11, 2021 11:59pm PT
Applicants will be notified of their application status in mid to late May, 2021.
To be eligible, you must be able to answer “Yes” to the prompts listed below:
- I am a practicing musician able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to my work, career, and a public audience;
- I am experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- I am 18 years of age or older; and
- I am a resident of Santa Rosa, CA
Not Eligible: Hobbyists (those who do not earn at least part-time income through their career and/or generate income from their music)
The Musician Relief Grants strives to ensure that musicians across Santa Rosa have access to this relief funding. Eligibility will NOT be affected by gender, race, sexual orientation, age or US resident status. To ensure equitable distribution of funds, we encourage individuals who identify with vulnerable demographics to apply including musicians of color, native and Indigenous musicians, immigrant musicians, disabled musicians, and LGBTQ musicians to apply.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING
In order to receiving funding, the applicant will be asked to provide the following information:
- Contact information;
- Information relating to applicant’s musical practice and biography;
- Website URL or digital media that demonstrates a musical practice/discipline;
- Up to 3 audio or video files of your music, can be studio recorded, music videos or live performances;
- Financial need statement (1 page maximum): 1-2 paragraphs that briefly summarize your current financial situation, income loss since March 2020, and your current financing.
- Meets eligibility and application requirements
- Demonstrated sustained commitment to work, career, and a public audience
- Financial need