CityBus and Paratransit Essential Services
Santa Rosa CityBus is committed to providing high quality service and protecting the health of passengers and employees amid this public health emergency. We are grateful to all our riders who are abiding by Public Health Orders and limiting their travel to only essential trips. If you must make an essential trip, please remember to wash your hands before and after riding, wear a face covering and stay at least six feet apart from others.
Temporary Service Modifications
Schedule and Route Changes
Due to Sonoma County Health Officer’s Shelter-in-Place Order, CityBus has reduced the level of service to a Sunday schedule seven days a week on most routes effective April 13, 2020. Regular Sunday routes operate from approximately 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
View Schedule of Operations.
Exceptions to this schedule modification include:
- Additional service on Route 1 and Route 2B, Monday-Friday, to allow for social distancing and reduce overcrowding.
- Route 10 is following its weekday routing (serving Round Barn) Monday-Friday with a weekend timetable.
Special Call Ahead Service
Monday through Saturday, CityBus will provide a special call-ahead service for riders who need to make essential trips outside of the new schedule and/or service area, between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., and between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., when regular bus routes will not be running. Riders must call ahead to 707-546-1999 to register for this service and schedule an essential trip. For more details visit CityBus Rider Alerts.
Paratransit is maintaining normal service hours to ensure people with a disability continue to have access to essential trips. CityBus is only allowing two passengers per trip on its smaller paratransit vehicles.
Passenger and Boarding Modifications
Face Coverings are Required
All passengers are required to wear a face covering when riding or waiting for the bus, in accordance with Sonoma County Health Officer’s Shelter in Place Order.
To further protect our drivers and passengers during the Shelter in Place Order, Santa Rosa CityBus is operating fare-free service. This measure is meant to eliminate passenger interaction with fareboxes and reduce close contact between drivers and passengers.
Rear Door Boarding
Passengers can board the bus through the rear doors to further reduce close interaction with the bus operator.
- CityBus is adhering to the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC) guidelines for disinfection and social distancing within buses and transit facilities. Efforts include but are not limited to:
- Sanitizing “high touch” areas at all CityBus facilities and all CityBus vehicles.
- Reducing hours to a Sunday schedule helps in slowing the spread as it enables CityBus to implement staff and vehicle scheduling practices to reduce the potential for exposure.
Please check timetables for current information or
call customer service 707-543-3333
Monday-Friday, 8:30a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Information is also available at the downtown transit mall kiosk.
Subscribe to receive CityBus email updates
Everyone must take the Shelter in Place Order seriously to protect one another. CityBus and Paratransit are operating during this time for essential travel only. Abide by the Order and stay home – for yourself, your family, and all members of our community.