Graffiti Abatement

Graffiti removal on private property is the responsibility of the property owner. Graffiti must be removed within 72 hours per Santa Rosa’s Graffitti Abatement Ordinance.  You can report graffiti by submitting a complaint

How do I distinguish public property from private property? 

In general, public property includes parks, sidewalks and streets. Street furniture is also public property, including signs, streetlights, traffic signals, water hydrants. Report graffiti in these areas to the responsible agency. Private property is typically located behind the sidewalk, such as buildings, walls, and fences. If you are unsure if a parcel is private property, you can look it up here

How do I report graffiti vandalism in progress?

When reporting graffiti vandalism in progress, please call the Santa Rosa Police Dept non-emergency line at (707) 528-5222 and be prepared to give a description of the location of the graffiti, the vandals' clothing, age, height, gender and what was used to do the graffiti.