Oakmont Senior Living LLC proposes to develop, construct, and manage Emerald Isle, a condominium community for residents 55 years and older, located at the east end of Gullane Drive.
The 12.5-acre site will include seven residential buildings featuring 80 condominiums, a leasing/recreation building with two condominiums above, garages, parking and common areas. Over 46% of the site will be left as natural open space and 11% will be landscaped area. Approximately 54% of the existing trees on site will be saved. To mitigate for tree removal, the applicant proposes planting 246 36-inch box trees to further enhance the landscaping.
The proposed project includes a least one private garage for each unit plus additional parking spaces for residents second car and for guest parking. Of benefit to the residents will be a swimming pool with spa and fire pit, recreation center with exercise rooms, a pet park and sport courts. All units will have private patios at-grade or above-grade balconies. Storage space will be provided for each unit either within their garage or in closets at the balconies.
Required discretionary Planning entitlements include:
- Minor Conditional Use Permit
- Hillside Development Permit
- Major Design Review
- Major Tentative Map
Project Documents (full versions of all project documents are available for review in Room 3, City Hall)
- Emerald Isle Project Description (revised March 13, 2019)
- Emerald Isle Basic Site Plan Set (revised July 1, 2019)
- Emerald Isle Basic Project Elevations (revised July 1, 2019)
- Emerald Isle Visual Analysis (revised July 1, 2019)
- Subsequent Mitigated Negative Declaration for Emerald Isle Condo Project (Public Review Draft 9-09-2019)
- Appendix A: Air Quality, GHG, and Energy Supporting Information
- Appendix B: Biological Resources Supporting Information
- Appendix C: Cultural Resources Supporting Information
- Appendix D: Geotechnical Supporting Information
- Appendix E: Hydrology and Water Quality Supporting Information
- Appendix F: Noise Supporting Information
- Appendix G: Focused Traffic Study
- Original Submission (received 2-28-2019)