Rebuilding Financial Assistance
What is the CalHome Disaster Assistance Loan Program?After the 2017 wildfires, the Housing Authority of the City of Santa Rosa applied for and was awarded a $1.2 million CalHome Disaster Assistance grant from the California Department of Housing and Community Development. The Housing Authority is offering low-interest, deferred payment loans as gap financing for the reconstruction or rehabilitation of income-qualified, owner‐occupied, single‐family homes, and mobilehomes located within the Santa Rosa City limits.
Eligible homeowners whose homes were damaged or destroyed in the October 2017 wildfires and who have not yet begun to rebuild will be able to apply for gap funding of up to $100,000.
ApplicationsCompleted applications will be accepted starting now.
Applications are available online and will be sent to applicants by request. Download the Application. The FINAL DEADLINE to submit applications is May 31, 2021. Applications must be submitted by U.S. Mail to the Department of Housing and Community Services, 90 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404. Applications may also be emailed to AMorgan@srcity.org.
Applicants may apply for up to $100,000 for rehabilitation or reconstruction of their single-family home, or for rebuilding/replacement of a mobilehome located within a mobilehome park, based on the documentation provided in the application that demonstrates the gap funding needed. The loans are 30-year deferred payment loans through the Housing Authority of the City of Santa Rosa, with 3% simple interest. No payments will be required prior to the thirtieth anniversary of the loan, however, the loan will be due and payable in full prior to 30 years upon the earlier of: sale or transfer of the home; cessation of owner‐occupancy; or upon the loan maturity date. For complete terms, see the Program Guidelines.
Loans will be made on a first-come, first-served basis and made until all funds are expended. Applications will be assessed in the order received combined with the order in which the application was deemed complete. A complete application means submission of all required documents that are listed on the application.
- Homeowners of single-family homes or mobilehomes in Santa Rosa that were destroyed or damaged in 2017 wildfires.
- Household income no greater than 120% of Area Median Income, adjusted for household size (see chart below).
- Reconstruction or rehabilitation of the home has not started yet.
- Must have owned and occupied the home before the disaster, and the home will continue to be owner’s primary residence upon completion.
- Value of the residence following rehabilitation/reconstruction may not exceed the most recent median sales price for Sonoma County provided by the California Association of Realtors.
- A complete explanation of eligibility can be found in the Program Guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for a list of answers to frequently asked questions.
Homeowners with questions regarding the CalHome Disaster Assistance Loan Program may contact Angela Morgan, Program Specialist in the City of Santa Rosa Housing & Community Services Department at (707) 543-3465 or email AMorgan@srcity.org.
|Household Size||Sonoma County 120% of Area Median Income (AMI)|