Downtown Parking Information
To make parking easier and more convenient throughout the downtown, the City has created two pricing zones for metered parking. The rates are designed to free up spaces in the busiest areas of downtown and provide more choices to parkers.
- PREMIUM PARKING – For those who want the convenience of a space in the highest demand areas of downtown, the Premium spaces have a 3-hour time limit and are $1.50/hour.
- VALUE PARKING – Offers lower hourly rates and longer time limits in the periphery of the core downtown.
|Garage 1 & 12||Garage 3 & 9||Garage 5|
|Price||First Hour Free.|
Free on Sundays
|Maximum Day Rate||$6.00||$8.00||$10.00|
|Monthly Permit||$62.00||$70.00 - Garage 3|
$95.00 - Garage 9
|Discount Low Wage Employee Permit||$31.00||n/a||n/a|
|Discount Commuter Permit||$31.00 (Garage 12 only)||n/a||n/a|
Looking for free places to park when you come downtown? Here's a list of free places to park to save you some money:
- After 6PM in any on-street metered space.
- Sundays: every meter is free. Free parking is also available 3AM-Midnight in Garages 3 and 9 on Sundays.
- Don't forget, meter start times begin at 10AM. If you are coming downtown early in the morning, you do not need to pay for parking prior to 10AM.
- Garage 1 (521 7th St) and Garage 12 (555 1st St) offer the first hour free. Each hour thereafter is $0.50/hr.
The Parking Division's goal is to set the lowest possible price to achieve 85% occupancy in the Premium and Value Zones. An occupancy rate of 85% means each block has a couple of open spaces at any given time, giving parkers the choice to park close and pay a bit more, or park a few blocks away and save some money. Occupancy data is collected and twice per year is evaluated to determine if price adjustments are needed to achieve 85% occupancy rate at peak times.
Artstart "has made a significant impact in our community by creating over 150 benches, 34 murals and many installations. We work in a partnership with governmental agencies, nonprofit organizations, large corporations and small businesses. We provide inspiration to young artists and create a sense of ownership and pride in our community." The Parking Division is proud to display artwork throughout our facilities.