Commercial Cannabis Application Support
Applications for adult use or medical cannabis businesses pursuant to the new Comprehensive Cannabis Ordinance may be submitted on or after January 19, 2018.
The best way to ensure success is to submit applications that are complete, with a detailed narrative that is accurate, consistent, and proactively addresses operational and locational compliance with state and local laws, and that includes plans and/or supportive exhibits that are annotated, internally consistent and legible.
Fees paid in cash: Cash payments in-excess of $3,000 will not be accepted at Planning & Economic Development. If a payment in-excess of $3,000 is anticipated, the application will still be submitted at 100 Santa Rosa Avenue, Room 3, but arrangements must be made to make the cash payment at Finance at 90 Santa Rosa Avenue after the application is submitted. For directions go to the Cannabis Permit Payment Procedure.
All Cannabis Building Permit submittals require a meeting with Building Division staff prior to submittal. Please contact Chief Building Official Jesse Oswald at email@example.com to schedule this meeting. When scheduling the appointment, specific submittal information and requirements will be provided to applicants. Available dates and times are Wednesdays and Thursdays at 1 pm.
The following are application support tools to assist you in a successful process.
- “Abutting” Residential
- Building & Fire Code Requirements for Cannabis Related Occupancies
- Cannabis Business Local Compliance Process Map
- Cannabis Land Use & Zoning Table
- Cannabis Program
- Comprehensive Cannabis Ordinance
- Distance to School
- Parking Requirements
- Setbacks to Schools for Cannabis Businesses
- Additional Construction Document Submittal Requirements for Cannabis Tenant Improvements (TI) Extraction Facilities MAUCRSA License Type 6-7
- Additional Construction Document Submittal Requirements for Cannabis Cultivation Tenant Improvements (TI)
Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Applications – Cannabis Retail/Non-Retail
Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Applications – Cannabis Retail Only
- Cannabis Retail Application Process Guide
- Cannabis Retail Application Process Map
- Cannabis Retail Applications Map as of June 6, 2019
- Cannabis Retail Applications Status as of December 2, 2019
- Potential Cannabis Retail Locations Map (map of K-12 School Locations)