Office of Community Engagement
Thu Dec. 13
Fri Dec. 14
Thu Dec. 20
Community Engagement - A Bridge to Our Community
Welcome to the Office of Community Engagement! Our mission is to invite the community's values and priorities into the City's decision-making processes. Our values are communication, excellence, inclusion, innovation, integrity, teamwork, and transparency.
Our office utilizes the most important resource available to us: people! Whether you are wanting to participate in your local government, reduce youth violence in your neighborhood, or help bring people together where you live, you have come to the right place! Our office includes the following programs:
- Empowered Communities Collaborative
- Santa Rosa Violence Prevention Partnership
- Community Advisory Board
Please see information below about both programs. We look forward to speaking with you!
Empowered Communities Collaborative
The Empowered Communities Collaborative provides support and resources to community and to other City departments in an effort to improve relationships between residents of Santa Rosa and the City of Santa Rosa. This includes:
- Conducting door-to-door outreach in project neighborhoods
- Creating fun and engaging methods to get information out to the public
- Coordinating community meetings and workshops
- Participating in community and neighborhood meetings
- Implementing the former Open Government Task Force recommendations
- Staffing our Community Advisory Board
Community Advisory Board
Staff from the Office of Community Engagement also provides support to the Community Advisory Board (CAB).
The CAB connects City government and residents so the public can have a voice in decisions that impact their lives and build a stronger community.