Open Enrollment Information-Miscellaneous Employees
Welcome to the 2017 Miscellaneous Open Enrollment Page!
Open Enrollment for All Benefits will be
October 1, 2017-November 20, 2017
Due to the current state of affairs, Open Enrollment was extended from October 31st to November 20th.
Open enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity (outside of a qualifying event) to make changes to your medical plans, enroll in the 2018 Flexible Spending/Dependent Care accounts OR remove/add additional eligible family members to your medical, dental or vision plans.
All plan changes are effective 1/1/2018
Changes to dental coverage for Unit 8 members. Please make sure to review plan options and rates (see below) to make your selections.
Come to the Benefits Fair 10/5/17 - 11:30am to 2pm!
The 2017 Benefits Fair will be held in cooperation with the Employee Appreciation Luncheon! Please plan to attend between 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., on Thursday, October 5, 2017 at the Finley Community Center, and meet some of the following vendors:
- Kaiser Permanente
- St. Joseph's Health Organization
- Sutter Medical Center
- Anthem Blue Cross - City EPO & City PPO Plans
- Delta Dental
- Vision Service Plan (MHN)
- Employee Assistance Program (MHN)
- Sprint - sign up for the employee discount!
- EBS - Enroll in the flexible spending and/or dependent care plan for 2018!
- Get your regular flu shot available to PPO & EPO employees and their families for no charge WITH prescription card. No reservation necessary. Free flu shots are available to Kaiser members at the Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park locations starting October 2nd through November 3rd.
- Free blood pressure checks, biometric screening for Wellness Program, and more!
- Raffle - For each health check you complete, you will earn a raffle entry ticket. Earn even more when you visit with the vendor representatives.
Got Life Insurance?
Although employees may apply for supplemental life insurance at any time, open enrollment is an excellent time to assess your current supplemental coverage levels. Please note that all units have a City paid basic life insurance policy. Amounts are as follows:
- Units 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 13, 16 - $20,000
- Units 10, 11, 12, 14, 17, 18 - $50,000
Flexible Spending Plans
You can set aside up $520 to $2,600 of pre-tax money to help pay for eligible medical and $520 to $5,000 for dependent care expenses. Most over-the-counter drugs are no longer eligible for reimbursement under the Health FSA Plan, unless you have a prescription as a result of the Health Care Reform Law. There are no changes to the dependent care spending accounts.
- Annual Notices 2018
- Benefit Fair Flyer 2018
- City of Santa Rosa 2018 Benefits Guide
- Dependant Care Information
- Flex Medical Spending Take Care Card FAQ
- Flex Spending Accounts FAQ and Eligible Expenses
- Kaiser Flu Shot Clinics
- Open Enrollment News 2018
- 2018 Retiree Health Plan and Rates
- 2018 COBRA UNIT 8 Coverage Notices and Rates
- 2018 COBRA Coverage Notices and Rates