City Council Mission, Vision, Values, Goals & Priorities
Mission:To provide high-quality public services and cultivate a vibrant, resilient and livable City
Vision:Santa Rosa - Leading the North Bay
Values:• Excellence • Integrity
• Innovation • Inclusiveness
• Teamwork • Transparency
1. Create a strong, sustainable economic base.
2A. Promote a City organization that is service-sustainable and maintains employee morale.
2B. Financial stability.
3. Provide leadership for environmental initiatives.
4. Maintain and enhance our City’s cultural, historical and recreational assets.
5. Improve partnerships between neighborhoods, community organizations, schools and the City to support and
promote thriving, inclusive and diverse neighborhoods.
6. Commit to making Santa Rosa a healthy community where people feel safe to live, work and play.
Tier 1: Council’s Top Priorities
1.1. Reduce homelessness through a comprehensive strategy.
1.2. Implement a comprehensive housing strategy – “Housing for All,” including:
• Increase housing (Citywide - market rate/workforce/affordable)
• Attract housing (downtown and transit-oriented)
• Address rent stabilization
1.3. Create a plan to address infrastructure and deferred maintenance throughout the community.
1.4. Pursue current opportunities for medical marijuana, cannabis cultivation, laboratory and employment development.
Prepare for impacts of legalized marijuana.
1.5. Complete Roseland annexation and move to implementation.
Tier 2: Projects Underway as Resources Permit
2.1. Ensure long-term revenue stability:
• Evaluate the Council’s 17% reserve policy to determine appropriate levels.
• Evaluate the utility user tax and transient occupancy tax as compared with other cities to determine what levels
would be required to bring us to standard levels and reduce our reliance on sales taxes.
2.2. Create a framework for a 21st century service delivery model that is nimble, fosters innovation and supports new
technologies and opportunities.
2.3. Encourage programming in the downtown.
2.4. Develop and implement an emergency preparedness strategy including identifying vulnerable targets.
2.5. Implement Open Government report components.
2.6. Conduct a study session on community impact reports.
2.7. Support the SMART train – connectivity, transit-oriented development.
2.8. Plan and implement the Southeast Greenway.
2.9. Attract businesses with well-paying jobs and encourage the retention and expansion of existing local companies.
2.10. Implement participatory budgeting.
2.11. Increase funding for Community Advisory Board grants and review policies for determining awards.
2.12. Increase youth engagement services.
2.13. Explore options for funding the Roseland Library.