VIOLENCE PREVENTION AWARENESS SERIES (VPAS)
The Violence Prevention Awareness Series raises community awareness and provides education and trainings on the City's violence prevention efforts, in partnership with CHOICE-funded organizations throughout the year.
The Partnership also supports community and civic engagement events through sponsorship's and mini-grants to support the underserved areas of Santa Rosa.
Upcoming Community Events
- Community Action Partnership; Padres Unidos, every third Wednesday from Oct 2020 through Jan 2021 6:00 pm, $30 for one parent and $50 for a couple (this includes all sessions)
- Sonoma State University; Human Trafficking and Stalking Awareness Month Speaker Series; Jan 26th 6:00 pm, Jan 27th 6:00 pm, Jan 29th 6:00 pm
- Child Parent Institute; Free OVEE Watch Party with Sasha Neulinger's film "Rewind"; Jan 29th 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- First 5 Sonoma County; Workshops for Early Childhood Spanish Language Providers; 9:00 am - 12:00 pm on Feb 13th, Feb 27th, March 13th, March 27th, April 10th, April 24th
- First 5 Sonoma County; Triple P-Positive Parent Parenting Program Training; Feb 23rd and 24th, with pre-accreditation workshop on April 6th and accreditation workshop on April 13th ad April 14th
- Sonoma County Department of Health Services; Marijuana Prevention Series; Marijuana 101; Feb 24th 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm, Marijuana: What Teens Really Want to Know; March 10th and April 21st 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm; Marijuana & Mental Health; April 14th 8:30 am - 10:30 am; Marijuana & Your School Community; April 14th 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm; Marijuana & Your Teen; Dec 15th and Jan 28th 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm and May 12th 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Latino Service Providers; Paid Internship Opportunity for the 2021-2022 Youth Promotor Interns. Last day to apply is April 2nd, 2021.