The Community Advisory Board (CAB) connects city government and residents so the public can have a voice in decisions that impact their lives and build a stronger community.
The CAB meeting scheduled for Wednesday, May 22nd has been cancelled due to lack of quorum. The next meeting of the CAB is scheduled for June 26, 2019.
The CAB currently has two (2) vacancies: the Northwest Area and Southwest Area CAB Seats. To apply for these vacancies, please visit the Boards and Commissions website.
CAB's Strategic Plan
The CAB completed their strategic plan and formally approved the plan at their December 2018 meeting. The CAB selected three Strategic Categories to focus on: Empowerment, Expertise, and Operations. The CAB created three Ad-Hoc Committees for these Strategic Categories and will focus on the following over the next year:
1. Implement Neighborfest
2. Plan a community engagement academy
3. Proactively attend neighborhood meetings
1. Assess CAB strengths and weaknesses and conduct trainings
2. Create a list of Board assets and present one CAB member per meeting
3. Invite government departments and Council to come to CAB meetings
4. Orientation, on-boarding, and mentoring
1. Solidify Community Improvement Grant (CIG) process and voting metrics
2. Run more collaborative meetings
3. Add "accomplishments" to the agenda
In addition to developing one-year work plans, the CAB also developed metrics to help measure success and progress. To read the complete strategic plan, click here.