Summer Work Experience Program for Teens
About The Program
Teens age 13-17 can learn valuable on-the-job skills through our Work Experience Program. Teens can choose from various interests including working with the public, children, animals, swimming, coaching and more. Work Experience volunteer hours can satisfy community service graduation requirements for all of the local schools. All applicants must be 13 years of age by June 10th, no exceptions.
Work Experience Flyer with Program/Job Descriptions
Applications for the 2019 Summer Work Experience Program (WEP) are now available. All applications are due by 5pm on 4/5/19. Click on the corresponding link below to view/download document.
Work Experience Application
Submit application with fee to either of the following locations:
- Steele Lane Community Center
415 Steele Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Finley Community Center
2060 W College Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
March 1: Applications & program flyer available
March 28: Information night, 7-8pm (optional)
Steele Lane Community Center, 415 Steele Lane
April 5: Application deadline
April 7: 9am-1pm; Call for interview time
April 8-10: 4-8pm; Call for interview time
April 20, 22, 23, 24: Interview dates (mandatory)
May 8: Orientation Night, 7:15-8:30pm (mandatory)
Finley Community Center, 2060 W. College Ave
June 3: Aquatics Training (Finley Aquatic Center), 1-2pm
June 3-7: Training (mandatory)
June 10: Participants must be 13 years old by this date (no exceptions)
- Animal Barn Aide at Howarth Park
- Amusement Ride Aide at Howarth Park
- Boathouse Aide at Howarth Park
- Counselor-In-Training at Camp Wa-Tam, Doyle Camp, Camp Yu-Chi
- Swim Lessons Aide at Finley or Ridgway Swim Centers
- Concessions Aide at Finley or Ridgway Swim Centers
- Junior Lifeguard at Finley or Ridgway Swim Centers
- Neighborhood Services: Recreation Sensation (Leader-In-Training)*
*Financial assistance is available for this program thanks to Measure O funding. Proof of eligibility is required at time of registration. Call Finley Community Center at
(707) 543-3737 for more information.
- Sports Coach-In-Training at Steele Lane Community Center or Rincon Valley Community Park
Teens are not guaranteed their first choice of programs. Placement is based on the needs of the participant, along with the needs of the program. All teens must attend orientation night and the training sessions in order to participate in the program.
Please Note: These are unpaid volunteer positions.