1/22/17- 1,750 are without power in Santa Rosa following last nights storm. The outages are primarily in the northeast part of town along Montecito and Brush Creek Rd. Per PG&E, the outages should be fully restored by this afternoon.
At this time, there are no additional significant weather events being forecasted, however the City of Santa Rosa would still like to provide the following information to help you prepare for any future storms this winter.
Please report emergencies by calling 911. This also includes trees down onto homes or structures, power lines down, significant flooding, mud slides, etc.
In order to help prevent damage from flooding, free sand and bags are available to City residents at the City Municipal Services Center at 55 Stony Point Road. For additional information on sandbags, please see the news section below.
Tips for a severe storm:
- Clear leaves from drains & gutters.
- Secure loose outdoor objects (holiday decorations, patio furniture, etc).
- Have supplies in the event of an extended power outage (food, batteries, blankets, battery, flashlights, etc).
- Trim trees and branches that could potentially fall on your home.
- Avoid unnecessary travel and slow down to a speed safe for the conditions.
- Watch for fallen branches and limbs.
- Never drive over a downed power line.
- If you encounter a flooded roadways: TURN AROUND!
- Do not walk through moving water. Six inches of moving water can make you fall. If you have to walk in water, walk where the water is not moving.
- Do not drive into flooded areas. If floodwaters rise around your car, abandon the car and move to higher ground if you can do so safely. You and the vehicle can be quickly swept away.
- Make sure your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors have fresh batteries.
- We do not recommend the usage of candles. In the event you opt to use them, do not leave candles unattended.
To report trees blocking roadways, sidewalks and creeks, please call the Park Division Office 543-3770, during office hours 7:30 am – 5:00pm and after hours at 543-3805. In the event of an emergency such as downed power lines or a tree that is causing an immediate life/safety issue please call 911.
Please report minor flooding in the roadway by calling (707) 543-3800 during business hours or (707) 543-3805 after hours.
Please report power outages to PG&E at 1(800)743-5000.
Due to the predicted weather related issues Santa Rosa CityBus may experience detours and delays. To check on system status and please call 543-3333 extension 0 for current information, or check online at www.srcity.org/mycitybus.
For information on emergency preparedness kits please click here.
*For all current watch/warning/advisories, http://1.usa.gov/1boSTTW