Summer Work Experience Program for Teens
Applications for the 2017 Summer Work Experience Program (WEP) are now available. All applications are due by 5pm on April 7th. Click on the corresponding link below to view/download document.
DEADLINE EXTENSION! The WEP application deadline for Neighborhood Services positions has been extended and applications are being accepted thru Friday, April 14.
Work Experience Flyer
Work Experience Application
About the Program
Teens age 13-17 can learn valuable on-the-job skills through our Work Experience Program. Teens can choose from various interests including working with the public, children, animals, swimming, coaching and more. Work Experience volunteer hours can satisfy community service graduation requirements for all of the local schools. All applicants must be 13 years of age by June 12th, no exceptions.
Teens are not guaranteed their 1st choice of programs. Placement is based on the needs of the participant, along with the needs of the program. All teens must attend orientation night and the training sessions in order to participate in the program.
Note: These are unpaid volunteer positions.
Submit application with fee to either of the following locations:
- Steele Lane Community Center
415 Steele Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Finley Community Center
2060 W College Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
- Lake Ralphine Assistant at Howarth Park
- Counselor-In-Training at Camp Wa-Tam, Doyle Camp, Camp Yu-Chi
- Animal Barn Aide at Howarth Park
- Neighborhood Services: Recreation Sensation RecSen Leader-In-Training Program, Jr. GIANTS Bench Coach, Sports Camp Leader-In-Training Program (DEADLINE EXTENSION! The WEP application deadline for Neighborhood Services positions has been extended and are being accepted thru Friday, April 14.)
- Amusement Ride Area Assistant at Howarth Park
- Junior Lifeguard at Finley or Ridgway Swim Centers
- Swim Aide at Finley or Ridgway Swim Centers
- Concession Aides at Finley or Ridgway Swim Centers
- Museum Aide at Luther Burbank Home and Garden